Do It With Boldness Foundation is in urgent need of additional help to raise funds in order to remain sustainable amidst the Covid-19 pandemic and beyond. Do It With Boldness Foundation provides a vital role in supporting women and girls In Kenya.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for volunteer Fundraisers to support the organization in identifying and applying for funding, grants, particularly from individuals, Trusts, Foundations, and Institutions. As well as help to develop a robust fundraising strategy to meet the long-term sustainability of the organization.
The role includes
- Diversify in Individual giving strategy in your region/country or crowdfunding
- Research and implement funding opportunities with a view to improving cash flow within the organization.
- Write and submit funding applications and proposals to relevant funders to obtain funds from various sources.
- Develop a portfolio of a broad range of fundraising opportunities.
- Work alongside the team leads in order to balance time-cost ratios to focus effort on the most appropriate fundraising activities with the highest chance of success.
- Set up, manage, and update databases to record donor contact and preference information
- Work with trustees, and senior staff management to develop an overall fundraising strategy to utilize and diversify income streams.
As the COVID-19 global pandemic rapidly spreads across the African continent and especially in Kenya, we worry, because in many African countries health systems remain weak and incapable of meeting the demands this crisis will place on them. The COVID-19 pandemic will put immense pressure on under-resourced and under-equipped communities, even as the effects of the worsening health crisis are felt by everyone.
At Do It With Boldness Foundation we have remained at the front line in promoting gender equality and fighting against Gender-based violence during this critical period. We are grounded in the belief that we are responsible for one another, and for what happens in our communities
As the country deals with the Covid-19 pandemic, there is a shocking increase in the number of sexual offenses cases-(GBV) over the past two weeks in many parts of the country in the last two weeks. These offenses constitute 35.8% of the criminal matters reported during the period.
In some cases, unfortunately, the perpetrators of such offenses-(GBV) are close relatives, guardians, or persons living with the victims. These are people who are supposed to take care of the young girls, but instead of taking care, they are preying on them.
What are we looking for?
- Build on your knowledge and understanding whilst focusing on a wide range of fundraising areas
- Good analytical skills
- Be good at managing a variety of stakeholder relationships
- Experienced and comfortable using office software to write reports and proposals on fundraising initiatives
- Have knowledge of the individual giving strategy, the charity sector, and the issues that face small charities.
- Good standard of written English and strong verbal skills
- Can use your own initiative and work autonomously.
- Ability to learn new things quickly and retain information.
- Knowledge and some experience of fundraising for charities
What difference will you make?
- Support the organization with increasing their income generation from a variety of sources
- It would bring confidence for the future sustainability of the organization to continue to deliver and support women and girls in the community.
- It will have a direct impact on the life of women and girls and the local community through the elevation of poverty, provision of early intervention, and safeguarding prevention.
- Allowing the organization to implement and achieve its vision for sustainability.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
- DWB Foundation will provide a supportive and friendly environment that includes networking as well as a great opportunity to meet new people.
- Be part of a well-established women’s organization with a good reputation in the community.
- Gain a good understanding of the organization’s work within the local community
- Able to make an impact on the sustainability of the organization
- Develop further knowledge and experience
- Reimbursement of pocket expenses (15% from the total amount raised)
- Flexibility with the hours/days to suit you.
Fundraising events, Fundraising strategy, Researching funders / writing proposals, Database, Event management, Public relations. How to apply If Interested Contact us and apply by sending your cover letter and CV by E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com In the cover letter please tell us “why you think you are the suitable candidate for this position, with a particular focus on fundraising skills and expertise”. Please include your resume, references, and daytime phone contact. CLOSING DATE;5TH JANUARY 2022