Do it With Boldness (DWB) is a duly registered non-profit making foundation that was founded and registered under the Societies Act (Cap 108) of the laws of Kenya since August 2018.The foundation being a volunteer organisation has since then been a member of Volunteer Involving Organisations Society (VIOs Kenya) which is an umbrella of all volunteer organisations working with a group of organisations that supports the UN resolution to promote volunteerism as a cross-cutting means of implementation towards the achievement of SDGs and any other government development strategies.
- Reduce the incidences of sexual and Gender Based Violence and all forms of discriminations and offer psychological support to the victims.
- Protecting the reproductive health of young women and ensuring they are informed on their reproductive health rights and menstrual hygiene.
- Narrowing the gender gap in entrepreneurship and economic empowerment through soft skills and entrepreneurship training.
- Nurturing self -efficacy and promoting mental health through psychological individual and group guiding and counselling sessions.
Non Executive Member,Board of Directors
DWB Foundation is now looking for directors specialised in policy reform,Human Rights, economic empowerment, gender development,Fundraising and Community Development , project and project risk management and impact assessment to join the board to provide effective governance oversight for this exciting new phase.DWB Foundation Board is a representative board, as such, all aspiring candidates must have capacity and networks to work at International and grass root levels, understand community concerns and advocate for changes effectively. As a Board Member you will be expected to exercise leadership, integrity and sound judgment in directing DWB Foundation so as to achieve continuing growth and act in the best interests of the organisation. Board Members have and must accept ultimate responsibility for directing the affairs of DWB Foundation, ensuring it is solvent, well-run, and delivering the outcomes for which it has been set up. Specifically, the roles of Board Members are:
Taking a leadership role in Fundraising
Providing governance and regulatory compliance oversight
Delivery of stakeholder engagement and accountability oversight programs
Project and Operations risk management oversight
Board and CEO development and performance evaluation.
To oversee the development, implementations, monitoring, evaluation and learning of the Movement’s strategies, plans, finances and audits
DWB Foundation is now looking for capable non-executive directors to join its board. Applicants must demonstrate how they meet the following selection criteria:
1. Demonstrable commitment to fundraising and with a keen interest in human rights issues affecting minority and indigenous communities in Kenya,
2. Possess skills and expertise in, finance, law,Gender,Human Rights and community development,
3. Willing to work on a pro bono basis – DWB Foundation is a non-profit organisation – with a willingness to serve for a non-renewable term of 2 years which may be renewed once.
In the cover letter, please tell us “why you think you are the suitable candidate for the board position, with a particular focus on fundraising skills and expertise”. Please include your resume, references and daytime phone contact. All E-Mails will be responded to.
Volunteer Volunteer Fundraiser (COVID-19 Support)
Do It With Boldness Foundation is in urgent need of additional help to raise funds in order to remain sustainable during this Covid-19 pandemic and beyond. Do It With Boldness Foundation provides a vital role in supporting women and girls In Kenya.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for volunteer Fundraisers to support our Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Officer in identifying and applying for funding, grants, particularly from individuals,Trusts, Foundations and Institutions. As well as help to develop a robust fundraising strategy to meet the long term sustainability of the organisation.
The role includes
Diversify in Individual giving strategy in your region/country or crowdfunding
Research and implement funding opportunities with a view to improving cash flow within the organisation.
Write and submit funding applications and proposals to relevant funders to obtain funds from various sources.
Develop a portfolio of a broad range of fundraising opportunities.
Work alongside the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Officer in order to balance time-cost ratios to focus effort on the most appropriate fundraising activities with the highest chance of success.
Set up, manage and update databases to record donor contact and preference information
Work with the COO,CEO, trustees and senior staff management to develop an overall fundraising strategy to utilize and diversify income streams.
As the COVID-19 global pandemic rapidly spreads across the African continent and especially in Kenya, we worry, because in many African countries health systems remain weak, and incapable of meeting the demands this crisis will place on them. The COVID-19 pandemic will put immense pressure on under-resourced and under-equipped communities, even as the effects of the worsening health crisis are felt by everyone.
At Do It With Boldness Foundation we have remained at the front line in promoting gender equality and fight against Gender based violence during this critical period.We are grounded in the belief that we are responsible for one another, and for what happens in our communities
As the country deals with the Covid-19 pandemic,there is a shocking increase in the number of sexual offences cases-(GBV) over the past two weeks in many parts of the country in the last two weeks. These offences constitute 35.8% of the criminal matters reported during the period.
Coincidentally, many Kenyans have been working from home over the past two weeks, with students home from learning institutions as well. A 7:00 p.m to 5:00a.m curfew has also been imposed.
In some cases, unfortunately, the perpetrators of such offences-(GBV) are close relatives, guardians or persons living with the victims. These are people who are supposed to take care of the young girls, but instead of taking care, they are preying on them.
What are we looking for?
- Build on your knowledge and understanding whilst focusing on a wide range of fundraising areas
- Good analytical skills
- Be good at managing a variety of stakeholder relationships
- Experienced and comfortable using office software to write reports and proposals on fundraising initiatives
- Have knowledge of the individual giving strategy, charity sector and the issues that face small charities.
- Good standard of written English and strong verbal skills
- Can use your own initiative and work autonomously.
- Ability to learn new things quickly and retain information.
- Knowledge and some experience of fundraising for charities
What difference will you make?
- Support the organisation with increasing their income generation from a variety of sources
- It would bring confidence for the future sustainability of the organisation to continue to deliver and support women and girls in the community.
- It will have a direct impact on the life of women and girls and the local community through elevation of poverty, provision of early intervention and safeguarding prevention.
- Allowing the organisation to implement and achieve its vision for sustainability.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
- DWB Foundation will provide a supportive and friendly environment which includes networking as well as a great opportunity to meet new people.
- Be part of a well-established women organisation with a good reputation in the community.
- Gain a good understanding of the organisation’s work within the local community
- Able to make an impact on the sustainability of the organisation
- Develop further knowledge and experience
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses (15% from the total amount raised)
- Flexibility with the hours/days to suit you.
Fundraising events, Fundraising strategy, Researching funders / writing proposals, Database, Event management, Public relations.
VIDEO EDITOR (VOLUNTEER)
We are looking for an experienced and creative Video Editor to join our team!
Job duties and responsibilities
Video Editor job description should contain the following duties and responsibilities:
Edit Captured studio-quality photographs and video
Manage and oversee all technical aspects of video recording and editing
Work with our creative team.
Regularly collaborate with social media team and Ambassador
Follow the company’s brand guidelines
Present to executive team insights and suggestions
Develop an overall video brand messaging strategy
Job Requirements And Qualifications
Video Editor job description should contain the following requirements and qualifications:
BA/BS or similar degree or diploma
1years of experience as video specialist of a similar role
Some experience of using video and editing equipment
Good time-management skills
Great interpersonal and communication skills
Proficient in Final Cut Pro X, Adobe After Effects
Knowledge and a good understanding of motion graphics is preferred.
CREATIVE GRAPHIC DESIGNER (VOLUNTEER)
Reporting to Do It With Boldness Foundation Ambassador through the Core team , the creative graphic designer will be responsible for supporting various organization functions of branding through planning, developing and producing print and electronic media artworks, motion graphics and animations that connect with the respective target audience. The role holder will also be required to be conversant with industry trends and familiar with standard graphic design software.
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma-Certificate in 3D Animation and Design (Diploma will be of added advantage).
Bachelor-(Degree or equivalent in one or more of the following areas: Media Arts, Animation, Broadcasting, Video Production, graphic design, journalism and communications or related field)
- Experience Length: 1 year
We seek to recruit a well-qualified, experienced, self-driven, highly motivated and passionate candidates to fill the position of creative graphic designer.
- Create overall layout and design for print, online and electronic media in adherence to our organization brand guidelines
- Conceptualize, design and creatively packages, marketing promos, adverts and editorial work
- Design and produce materials – both digital and print including signage, brochures, web pages, posters, wallpapers, displays advertisements and newsletter
- Create 2D and 3D model animations as well as motion graphics and execute as briefed
- Create motion graphics for our inhouse displays. These include sponsor animations, logo treatments, opens,
- Provide creative concepts as well as make sound recommendations to improve organization branding using graphics
- Organize and prioritize work and meet strict deadlines
- Work closely with the Social media to create and manage designs from concept through to final deliverables
- Manage multiple projects and remain flexible through multiple revisions while keeping a keen
- attention on detail
- Execute and manage production of communications deliverables
- Translate project concepts into digital media deliverables
- Ensure graphic solutions are optimized for integration, performance, usability and sustainability
- Passionate and creative artist with a knack for storytelling and attention to detail and with a strong portfolio/ showreel.
- Competence in industry standard 2D and 3D software such as Flash, 3DS Max, Maya, LightWave, Softimage, After Effects and Cinema 4D a plus.
- Proficient in graphic design tools, specifically Adobe CS (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, dreamweaver) and other design software.
- Basic knowledge of the Search Engine Optimization process.
- Excellent knowledge in multimedia designs for both print and digital
- Ability to keep current with emerging design trends and technologies
- Highly time sensitive, respect for planning and tight deadlines, able to cope with pressure and fast paced environment
- Strong adaptation skills, result driven, flexible, and strong communication skills
- Good work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit to innovate and thrive in a demanding environment.
- Proven ability to learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Good at taking briefs and understanding requirements
- Loves being part of a creative team and collaborating with ambassador
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality.
INDIVIDUAL GIVING LEAD (VOLUNTEER)
The Individual Giving lead will play an important role in the development and delivery of our individual giving strategy and will help to deliver a multi-channel direct marketing programme. This role will work collaboratively with the wider Fundraising team and core, to ensure our supporter journeys are maximising lifetime value and that new supporters are stewarded towards further engagement.
What we’d like from you:
You will remotely collect money from your community to support our course of action here in kenya especially during this covid-19 situation
It’s simple – all you need to succeed in this role is talent, ambition and energy. You must completely embrace our values, offer a great cultural fit, inspire us every day and deliver amazing results in a fast paced environment.
According to the job description you should also have an interest or proven track record in growing revenue through individual givers, you will be a direct marketing all-rounder; able to develop strategies, get involved in hands-on project delivery and develop engaging online and offline content. You will have strong analytical skills and your attention to detail will be exceptional.. If this is for you, we’d love to hear from you!
We reserve the right to close the advert early in the event of receiving a sufficient number of applications and may extend the advert if we don’t find our perfect team mate!
Please provide a covering letter, no more than 1 page of A4, to accompany your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th September 2020.
Due to COVID19 pandemic, communication will be via email or telephone communication. Successful candidates will be required to work remotely from their home or Country.